A soy wax that ticks all the boxes.
Waxes for candles can be difficult to say the least. Pillar candles are
tricky and need top ups that are often visible.
Good adhesion to glass for container candles, and good fragrance throw are
conflicting properties. Getting melts to have amazing scent and not ooze in a
market stall in summer is the goal.
Trying to find something that will do everything is nigh impossible. At
Heirloom we feel we have the solution.
Heirloom have been working closely with an Australian manufacturing company
who are making a soy candle blend that ticks all these boxes, and we are now
pleased to announce that we have exclusive rights to OzSoy
Generally, when making ANY candles or melts with OzSoy Ultimate:
1. The manufacturing area should be clean, draughtfree with minimal
2. Any glassware should be washed and dried.
3. Fragrance loading of 7-10% is workable without the need for
4. Do not overheat, maximum temperature 110°C
5. Do not stir violently.
6. Temperature Control is paramount.
when making CONTAINER Candles with OzSoy Ultimate:
1. The containers should not be cold, but preferably warm i.e.50°C
2. OzSoy Ultimate when made into container candles should be poured at
85-90°C, with minimal aeration. Cooling should be as slow as possible, even
insulate the containers with blankets, insulating batts. Or twin cushion
Specifically, when making PILLAR Candles and Melts:
1. When made into pillar candles or melts pour at 65-70ºC and do not
2. To unmould, you may need to refrigerate for an hour or so when set
followed by a little attention with a hairdryer or heat gun.
This wax is a soy/paraffin blend to enable excellent fragrance hold,
adhesion and versatility.