This hemp seed based soap will amaze.
- 300gm Olive oil
- 250gm Coconut oil
- 200gm Hemp seed oil
- 170gm Palm oil
- 50gm Shea butter
- 30gm Castor oil
- 141gm Lye (caustic soda)
- 300gm Water
- 20gm Sodium lactate
- Blue liquid soap colour – approximately 1.5 teaspoons, varied to requirements
- Sea spice fragrance (sweetcakes) 30ml
Always wear protective goggles, gloves and other safety clothing when handling caustic materials.
- Measure water into container. Measure lye into a separate container.
- Slowly pour the lye into the water while stirring slowly and consistently.
- Allow to cool to 40ºc. Add sodium lactate and blue colour.
- Heat oils until just melted. Allow to cool to 40ºc.
- Pour lye mix carefully into oils and stir well. Stick blend until light trace.
- Add fragrance oil and stir well.
- Pour into prepared mould/s and insulate if required.
- Unmould after 24hours.
- Allow to cure for 4 weeks minimum.