Green is Gold Cold Process Soap Recipe
A gentle handmade soap using the properties of avocado oil and cocoa butter to make a beautiful bar.
- 250gm Rice bran oil
- 200gm Avocado oil
- 200gm Palm oil
- 200gm Coconut oil
- 50gm Cocoa Butter
- 125gm Lye (caustic soda)
- 230gm Water
- 1.5 teaspoons Australian green clay
- 10gm Sodium lactate
- 30ml Lime essential oil
Always wear protective goggles, gloves and other safety clothing when handling caustic materials.
- Measure water into container. measure lye into a separate container.
- Slowly pour the lye into the water while stirring slowly and consistently.
- Allow to cool to 40ºc. add sodium lactate. Mix clay with 60gm extra water to make a smooth slurry and add to the lye mix just before combining.
- Heat oils until just melted. allow to cool to 40ºc. Pour lye mix carefully into oils and stir well. stick blend until light trace.
- Add lime essential oil and stir well.
- Pour into prepared mould/s and insulate if required.
- Unmould after 24hours.
- Allow to cure for 4 weeks minimum.
- This soap will turn out a grey green using clay. If you prefer a brighter colour liquid soap colour will lift this for you, either used instead of the clay, or as well as it.
- The pictured soap has had a touch of rubine liquid soap used instead of the clay.
by Kerry Pearson
Heirloom Body Care