Basic Lotion Recipe
This recipe is a simple but effective light lotion base full of great skin feel and moisturising porperties.
- Ensure all equipment, benches and packaging is clean and germ free.
- Weigh out phase 1 (water) into a saucepan.
- Weigh out phase 2 into another heat safe container for double boiler or low direct heat
- Heat both phases to 70-75ºC– remove from heat.
- Combine phases 1 & 2 and emulsify with a stick blender for about 5 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and blend again. Allow to cool to 40ºC
- Add phase 3 and stick blend through thoroughly to ensure even dispersion and emulsion.
- You may package your product while still warm but do not put the lids on until completely cool